Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mulberry Goodness

Mulberry fruits turn from green to red then dark purple when ripe. They're rather too small to eat. Mulberry leaves though are not only good for silkworm food but are also very good tea when dried. I use mulberry tea when I have indigestion, food poisoning, gastritis, and other stomach troubles.  It's the only medicine I took when I was pregnant and breastfeeding. It also did improve my sleeping as I used to have insomnia. Researchers also found out that it's a very good antioxidant. It can lower bad cholesterol and blood sugar so it's good for diabetes, too. It can also strengthen the teeth. Thanks to mulberry tea! 
For those who want to know how the tea looks like, here it is. But please read my previous post for the instructions how it is prepared. Why turn to drugs if there's natural medicine?

More Ruby Tuesday goodies here.

12 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

it's giving me a watery mouth lol.. Yum!

My Ruby Tuesday

Liz said...

It's the first time I've seen one. Thanks for sharing. :)

Mommy's Little Corner

RoseBelle said...

I see mulberry tea at my supermarkets but have never seen fresh ripe mulberries before. You reminded me about the benefits of this great berry. Unfortunately, I have never seen fresh mulberries in stores so I guess the tea is an option to take.

Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

Thank you so much for the information about Mulberries. Having kids it's always good to know of natural things for healing. Would you explain how you make the tea, how many leaves and how long to you steep the tea in hot water? Have a wonderful RT! :))

Tetcha said...

A very healthy fruit indeed! Thanks for sharing this helpful info.

Snooze said...

i only recently discovered mulberries and they are delicious ...yummy.

My ruby goodness

Marice said...

wow pretty interesting! is that available locally sis?

Dianne said...

I never knew all that about mulberries!!
thanks for the info
the photo is beautiful

I don't know the name of the tree I posted, there is a row of them near an office I was visiting.

Jama said...

I've never try using the fresh leaves, just buy the pre packet mulberry tea from the store. Wonder if they have the same effect?

Anonymous said...

I love learning about new natural remedies. Thanks for the heads up! (My fav. is green tea.)

Blessings, e-Mom :~D

Dhemz said...

never pa akong nakakita ng fruit na ganito te....it looks like they are similar with blackberries.....:)
d ako mahilig sa tea...ehehehhe.....good for you te....:)
salamat pala sa dalaw at comment...sensya na po at ngayon lang me nakadalaw ulit...glad to be back here again....

nako, oo nga ano, huebes santo sa pinas...ganito din dito parang wala lang...busy ang mga tao sa work...ehehhee

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing so much about goodness of mulberry tea. I do have a small mulberry tree in my yard ( not fruiting yet )with lovely lush leaves .
Can I just boil the fresh leaves without drying them ?
Thank you ,

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop by my blog and for sharing your thoughts:)